The Blighty Blues

Ευτράπελα και μη από την γηραία Αλβιόνα...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Effing #&*\/@ IE... again!


I've just realised that Microsoft Internet Explorer is not rendering my blog correctly!

Specifically, it seems to be applying yet another wondrous Redmond innovation, whereby the tag sequence <br/><br/> (two newlines) is conveniently collapsed into <br/> (a single newline) thus saving the reader a whole lot of screen space! How thoughtful.

Now, I know it is completely unreasonable both of the Blogger WYSIWIG editor and of me to rely on the method of using two RETURNS to start a new paragraph, and I am gripped by pangs of remorse for doing so and a vague sense of deep shame. Serves me right, too.

Thing is, I don't know what to do now.
I could go back and try putting in three <br/>s in hope that might work.
However, this will bugger up the formatting for users of proper browsers.
I could scrap the WYSIWIG editor and rewrite everything in HTML, using a proper CSS <p class="xxx"> tag, haha... right.
Or I could just apologise to IE users, and ask them to live without proper paragraph separation. (A bitch on longer texts, I know.)

I have, at any rate, added a No_MSIE icon.

Any other ideas?

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger kkk said...

Χμ, τόσοι τεμπλετάδες out there, δεν βρέθηκε ένας να μου πεί γιατί δεν παίζει σωστά στο ΙΕ;

Έχω δεί άλλα τεμπλάτα με <br/> και δουλεύουν μια χαρά. Τι διάλο έχει τούτο;

Όπως και νάχει, πρέπει να τους σκέφτομαι και τους χρήστες του ΙΕ... Αν κανείς δεν μου προτείνει τίποτα ως το Σαββατοκύριακό θα αναγκαστώ να κάτσω να το ψάξω μόνος μου!

#@!//^*@~#?!!!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger kkk said...

Τελικά μόλις ποστάρησα το βρήκα!

Είχα το letter-spacing σε 1px, κι αυτό μόνο, στον ΙΕ, κατέστρεψε τα <br/> !!!

No comment...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home