The Blighty Blues

Ευτράπελα και μη από την γηραία Αλβιόνα...

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Raison d'être de este blog


Right,

Well, I decided to get a blog on this site, mainly 'cause I like the company.

Some of you already know who you are, the rest will find out soon enough. Some of you even know who I am. An appearance in my blog links implies approval, recommendation and willingness to connect - with a view to friendship, fun, good times and... perhaps something more. GSOH essential. If you must smoke, I prefer that it's not just tobacco. Must like children.

First, about the blog name: Since much of what brought me here in the first place centers around languages, semiology, symbology, etc. I thought the choice was a no-brainer. Little did I realise that blogs were so well established already!

TWO entries with the same idea already existed on blogspot, and in the end I had to submit a URL of "cunning-linguistics", instead of "cunninglinguist" as I initially hoped. Talk about the early bird.

Now - perversely - I do not intend to write much here. This blog serves as a placeholder, as a wink and a nod to my potential audience, as well as an advertisement for my own future blogsite, which I am currently working on. More on this in a subsequent post.

I will probably be writing mainly in Greek, although you are welcome to comment in Greek, English, or even Spanish or Dutch if you want to stretch me a bit. Posts in Russian will take a long time to get read, so don't bother with them until further notice.

I reserve the right to use any of your valuable comments and feedback anywhere else I please, so don't comment if you don't agree with this. It goes without saying that appropriate credit will be given.

Finally, I salute those contributions of all Greek friends, who have drawn me in.
Just about makes me feel like visiting the old dump again.

Θέλω να πιστεύω οτι έχουμε πολλά να πούμε!

I'll explain my signature later, when I've figured it out myself.

kkk

2 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Oneiros said...

Welcome to the 'hood :-)

PS: I suspect that the obvious pun implied by your original choice of title wasn't altogether accidental!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger kkk said...

Thanks for the welcome.

Obvious puns: They are a disease amongst the British.

My wife laughed, anyway. And then she made me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home